Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So...I probably sound like an emo creep

So yeah, as I reread that last post, I realized I sound like a crazy emo child. Take away the bitterness from the last post and you will get the gist of what I am saying.

Fashion week goes onward. That's a misnomer...it's pretty much fashion month...
Freida Pinto showed up in Milan at the Dolce and Gabbanna show. I'm excited for the new Woody Allen movie, which apparently, she's in.

She modeled on the catwalk...she WOULD be a former model...


Photo: Stefano Rellandini/REUTERS

I like the design she is modeling, surprisingly. I have been dissapointed with many of the spring/summer fashions. Here is another fabulous Dolce and Gabbana creation. The mix of pattern is fantastic and the black and white is offset with maroony purple. The only problem is, I'm not a fan of the childish polka dots. I love the high waist and the tights, but I could go for a pop of color in the tights. That's not really Dolce and Gabbanna style though...



Photo: Imaxtree

Here, however, is my FAVORITE Dolce and Gabbana look. It's the perfect mix of edge and feminine qualities. We have the delicate, feminine black top (The sleeves are a bit extreme for mainstream fashion, but the general idea is great). This feminine top if offset by the edgy art inspired print skirt. The look is topped off with a bold chunky rock-bead white spackled necklace. Now obviously you can see these things, but the different elements are brilliant. I would subsititute the white with a fresh green or a deep amethyst and tie the look together with a pair of colored suede pumps. The shoes on here however, do just as well to accentuate the marriage of edge and femininity. The bag is alright, I could go for a bag with kick ass hardware, heavy chains. That trend has been long overused, but I still love it. Even better would be a jewel toned satin clutch, which will never go out of style.



Photo: Imaxtree

I love that black and white is creeping back in, as the line is almost solely black and white.

Fashion may seem pointless and a waste of money, but to me its the art we live our lives in. Clothes are an outer form of expression and this is art! Enough ranting....I am tied down with mountains of schoolwork that I am just choosing to ignore....

No comments:

Post a Comment